Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Update on Meds & General

The anti-nausea medicine is a huge help. It is such a relief to be able to calm down that one side effect at least. Currently I'm taking Ultram (200 - 250mg per day), Zofran (4 mg PRN - up to 2 times per day), Valium (5 mg PRN - up to 2 times per day), blood pressure meds and daily bladder instillations. Yeah my pharmacy "loves" me. This is why I am currently hesistant to add any more meds right now, I feel like a walking pharmacy as it is, and don't even ask what my monthly out-of-pocket costs is..................

This is one of the parts that suck about having multiple chronic illnesses. By the time you are treating each part you are overloaded. The bladder instillations require time and concentration. I have to truly focus to make sure I'm measuring the meds correctly, this can be difficult on evenings that my brain is beyond foggy, but if I don't do it then my bladder will be screaming the next day.

My IC diet made food choices complicated to begin with, now I'm noticing other food issues related to the CFS/ME, at this point I am beginning to wonder what I can eat.

My question for the day is: Do you find that you are more sensitive to certain foods? Do you notice that carbohydrates or white foods add to the crash and burn effect?

3 comments:

  1. Dust! you can eat dust!! LOL
    I find any kind of sugar or substance that breaks down into sugar quickly, so yes, white carbs are bad :( Crash and burn big time!

    I have also developed a sensitivity to Amines, which are a chemical found in certain foods like chocolate and cheese blah blah blah. I used to think that is was old people who sat around comparing ill health hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I meant to send you this link also. It is Dr Myhills explaination of CFS and it makes sense to me. She also suggests treatments.

    http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/CFS_-_The_Central_Cause:_Mitochondrial_Failure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee Lee -

    Thanks for the comment and the link. I'll be sure to check it out. LOL - I often feel like dust is about all that's left.

    ReplyDelete