Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Again

This weekend was horrible. I have dragged back in to work today (I know.......I know.........). The heat index here is horrible right now and I passed out from it on Saturday. I had only gone outside very briefly and the last thing I remember was my daughter telling me I looked really white. Next thing I know I'm in the bed. My daughter wanted to call an ambulance but I refused (just more bills, for them to tell me to stay out of the heat was my theory).

I look horrid today, pale, my throat is hoarse, my cough is bad and I'm barely functional. This is a day where I am counted for being present but not sure how much productivity I will be able to accomplish.

I have decided to try to talk to my "big" boss about the possibility of working from home some (as in - working from home / more than in the office). My immediate supervisor had said it was not an option but I'm going over his head to see if I can change that. I'm going to have to be honest and tell him that this is the only way I can continue to work right now and hope for the best. Now, I just have to nail him down.

I would still appreciate any guidance for private disability insurance - I'm not sure that this option is going to work (for me or the company).

Also, thanks so much for all of the visitors and comments so far - I truly appreciate you sharing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment